- Post comments in Do Follow Forums. Search CommentHunt for industry related blogs. Enter a real comment that is not SPAM. Add meaningful content to your comments. Where it says user name use keywords related to your site. Where is says website usually enter the main domain, but sometimes it is good to use sub domains. The email address should be a working address.
- Post comments in your own blog 1-3 times a week, with a link in the title back to your website. Make sure the title is long, descriptive, and contains keywords. The titles get indexed in the search engines quickly and stay at the top for a week or more, depending on how popular the post is.
- Contact webmasters that run high traffic blogs. Ask to run a promotion with a free product, coupon, etc. as long as they put a do follow link back to your site in exchange. Look for these often as they are great links.
- Join social networking websites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Myspace, etc.
- Create hub pages, wiki pages, squidoo pages, etc.
- Use StumbleUpon.com and add the toolbar. Stumble individual pages to see a few hundred visitors come to your site that day. Most will leave, but the ones that stay can turn into potential sales. It is simple and takes only a few minutes to StumbleUpon your own website. Use a good description and proper keywords that are related to the sites page.
- Write and submit articles on related topics. The more articles you write the better. Try to write one once a week. Submit your articles to social article sites as well as these free sites:
Then you will want to search for industry news sites and contact the webmasters to see if they will publish your free articles in exchange for a link back to your site. Usually these sites want original content, whereas the free sites do not care.
- Write and distribute press releases (weekly) to these free sites:
- Join forums and create a signature with your link in it. Usually you have to post a few times to establish credibility and avoid looking like spam. When entering your signature make sure your link’s anchor text had keywords related to your website. Answer questions in forums and become a respected contributor.
- Join directories and blog directories
- Join these blog sites:
- Look at competitor’s links, using link:http://www.yoursite.com in any search engine should bring up competitors links. Browse through the links to see when new linking possibilities arise. Be sure the links are relevant to your site and are trusted.
- Answer questions in Yahoo Answers with a link back to your site.
- Add an RSS Feed to your blog or website and share it with these sites:
* Yahoo RSS Guide
* MySpace.com News