When it comes to running a business, there’s a lot involved. From looking after sales, employees, and customers, it can be hard for you to get ahead and work out key areas that can boost your long term sales. When you take your business online, however, this is an entirely new ball-game. In order for your website to be successful, you need to know how to build a great SEO digital marketing strategy that can be implemented as soon as possible to get the best effect.
If you’re unsure of how to do this, let’s take a look at this search engine webmarketing123.com guide on how you can achieve this overall. Let’s get started.
Steps On Creating An SEO Strategy For Your Business
Step 1: Define Your Target Audience
Before you can create the bulk of your campaign, you first need to know who your target audience is. How do you do this? This can be done by narrowing down key demographics. If you’re a business that specializes in fishing, for example, you could do something like this:
|25-35||Male||Major Cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide, Darwin||Sports Fishing, general fishing||70,000-100,000 per year||Outgoing, likes to hang out with friends, likes to travel in their pass time.|
As you can see, this shows you who your target audience is and who you’re trying to target with your SEO campaign. Understanding your target audience can then help you to know where to spend your money and where to avoid wasting it.
Step 2: Define Your Keywords
The internet is run by keywords. When you Google something, you place keywords into the search bar. Google will then give you optimized results. This is why choosing the right keywords is important. How do you find which one is right, though? This can be done through keyword tools such as Google Keyword Planner.
When searching for the right keywords, you need to look into the different types of keywords. These include:
- Broad Match – Broad match keywords are generic keywords that are usually single words like, basketball, toys, cows etc. These are very broad and are generally used by many people but also have high competition.
- Exact Match – Exact match are keywords that are exact matches of what a person might be looking for. These can look like shoes for men, land for sale, kids toys for girls, christmas gifts for grandparents. These types of keywords are more popular when choosing keywords but do have high competition as well.
- Long Tail Keywords or Phrase Match – These keywords are very specific and don’t have a high search result each month but also don’t have high competition. These can be something like: Cannon H143 High Definition Camera, X-files Season 9 Blu Ray DVD Box Set etc. These are long specific keywords that people use when trying to find a specific type of product.
When choosing keywords, it’s a good idea to have a mixture of all three with Exact Match and Long Tail keywords being on top. They should also be relevant with what you’re selling as well, so people aren’t disappointed when they click through to your site after Googling specific keywords.
Step 3: Audit Your Website
The next step is to audit your website to make sure it’s up to date. When auditing your website, here’s some things to consider:
- Check the length and age of your content on your homepage, about us page and other pages that are key. Generally, sub-pages are 500 words while your homepage should be around 1000 words. Make sure the content you have is always unique and not copied. It should incorporate some of the keywords you want to rank for.
- Check how fast your website loads. A slow-loading website not only affects your SEO but how long your visitors are on your website. Make sure to keep your website speed under 3 seconds of less otherwise you can lose traffic.
- Is your website mobile-friendly or has a responsive design? If not, it needs to. A responsive design means it will shrink or resize to the screen-size when your website visitor is viewing your site.
- Do any of your pages have an error? If so, this needs to be fixed. You can find broken link checkers online to use. This will help you determine if any pages have this error.
- Are you continuously updating your blog on a weekly or monthly basis? If not, creating a content strategy and calendar is a great option.
- Are login areas, forms, and your checkout process working well?
- Do you offer social-sharing icons to help people spread the word about your business?
- Does your site meet expectations when visitors view it after clicking through based on their keyword search?
These are just some of the key things you should look for when auditing your website. By updating your content, especially when using your keywords and using fresh, unique content, you will have a higher chance of getting indexed better in Google.
Step 4: Decide On The Best Strategy To Get Your Message Across
There are multiple ways on how you can market to your audience. However, not every marketing channel will be best for your needs. This is where you need to decide where your audience hangs out the most. Some marketing strategies and channels include, but aren’t limited to:
Social Media Marketing
With the rise of social media, it’s no wonder many businesses tend to use social media marketing as part of their SEO strategy. When looking to market on social media, you need to work out where your target audience is hanging out. This may be in certain groups around a particular niche, with influencers in your niche and more. Once you’ve narrowed down where they hang out on social media, you can start to infiltrate into this area by marketing to them more effectively.
Places like YouTube offer a great platform for people to really up their game when it comes to video marketing. Some people don’t like to read but they do like to watch videos. This is where incorporating video marketing around your niche or what your target audience likes is key. Look at what other competitors do when they work on their video marketing. See whether you can create a video that’s more enticing than your competition to get their attention.
Many people like to read blogs and other content to get some good information. These people tend to hang out with blogging influencers. Because of this, it’s a good idea to try partnering with influencers in your niche to guest post or gain a review from them with a backlink to your business. This can help with referral traffic and can also help target more specific audience members as well.
These are just three of the most powerful marketing channels you can use. Others that can help include, but aren’t limited to:
- Email marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Affiliate marketing
- PPC advertising
By incorporating one or more of these into your strategy and A/B testing, the results over a period of time you have a higher chance of getting better overall results from your marketing efforts.
When it comes to digital marketing strategies and where to start, these tips above can help you get started. There’s a lot involved in this type of marketing, however, with patience and the willingness to learn, you can create a powerful SEO strategy for your business. Are you ready to get started?